View Profile MetalRenard

25 Movie Reviews

That was really cool!

Wondermeow responds:

Glad you enjoy it thanks for the feedback appeciate it.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

The animation is seriously impressive and I enjoyed the voice acting. I was surpised by the quality of the fight scene and how everything seemed to have so much impact.
I feel that the voice, music and sound effects do not fit together at all - you need to mix this properly if you want to make it sound more "pro".

Still in love with this so many years on, blows my mind every time.

6 Game Reviews

Horribly frustrating contols (for example your character doesn't come to a dead stop when you stop pressing a key. You see, it's not the attack delay that's the problem, it's the combo of imprecise movement WITH that that is so bad. Rookie move there). Other than that, really cool, but for my sanity I cannot continue.

Fantastic!!!!!!
Suggestions:
1) You should predict questions a little more. I can't think of any right now, I've forgotten them already... Sorry.
2) You should give it more things to talk about. For example, when it asks you to stay, what if you say "but I have family...". Even if it doesn't have an answer, it would be more immersive if it said "ok... I understand." or something.

Again, fantastic game and concept. Need more!

It's a good game but sometimes it's just plain stupid, like when the tires are broken and it locks you in a left or right turn and that's it, you're dead no matter what you do because you hit all the buildings. I'll give you that score for the effort but it does seem to be lacking in the "fun" area at times.

300 Audio Reviews

This is a lovely piece of music. I really liked the instruments used, they came together really well, all the different textures were interesting. The drums brought it up a level while remaining warm - nice work there. The final build up got me excited. I may have preferred a little more variation in the last section to warrant the long build up.

Be careful when programming wind instruments, lungs aren't 500L balloons and the player would, realistically, need a break every few seconds to breathe in.
The mixing could use some love at times but I honestly enjoyed it despite that.

Possibly one of your best tracks so far?... :D

AlbeGian responds:

Lol I got too excited with the winds I miscalculated the human lung capacity hahah I'll try to remember to take care of that next time. Thank you a lot for liking it!

Nice track!
You mentioned not being sure if you handled the 'climax' part well and I have a few tips for you. I think part of the issue is due to over using reverb and reusing the same melody a little too often before the climax without variation.

For the reverb, often, less is more. Learn to mix clearly and precisely (try mixing in mono, it really helps) and you'll need less reverb. This means that when you DO use reverb (like the vocal synth in the end) it will really wash over the track and create depth and drama.

For the melody, since there are no modulations or changes, it doesn't stand out. What you could have done is had a few notes change in there somewhere and maybe changed the rhythm up. The 2nd note is always the longest. What if you made the 1st super long, so long as to add a beat before the 2nd note but cut out the last beat from each bar, even from time to time or in the first one?

Hope this was helpful. I really like the chiptune sounds in this, they blend well with the rest.

AlbeGian responds:

These tips sound pretty interesting and viable, I'll certainly have them in mind. Thank you a million MR!

Awesome vocals!!!! Love it. Would have mixed the vocals a little differently, maybe warmer and wider to fit the warm guitars. Despite that, great performance and writing. Really enjoyed this.

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Thanks mang, that is a wonderful idea. I'mma have to go back. I just slam the vocals right down the center, every time. hahaha. I don't give much though to it, as it's mostly metal, so BAM. But this isn't. Thanks mang! Glad you dig it overall! \m/

7 Art Reviews

Oooh I like. Moody, reminds me of Fallout.

Troisnyx responds:

I'll admit I never played Fallout or any games in this series before, and I don't quite know what to expect in them -- nevertheless, thanks!

The piece was actually inspired by a rather dystopian view of the things I was taught growing up, as well as all sorts of human rights abuses I'd read about and sometimes witnessed.

(I flagged that other guy's comment as abusive)
I like the wings and the shape of his face is quite original, maybe because it reminds me of Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon, I don't know. ^_^

Very good, I love the idea and what you've done with it. Excellent work. :)

Guitarist, singer, mixing nerd, fox appreciator, teacher, peace-loving hippy. Currently travelling in Japan so I am without a microphone.
I make mixing tutorials, too. Ask me anything.

31, Male