View Profile MetalRenard

25 Movie Reviews

That was really cool!

Wondermeow responds:

Glad you enjoy it thanks for the feedback appeciate it.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

The animation is seriously impressive and I enjoyed the voice acting. I was surpised by the quality of the fight scene and how everything seemed to have so much impact.
I feel that the voice, music and sound effects do not fit together at all - you need to mix this properly if you want to make it sound more "pro".

Still in love with this so many years on, blows my mind every time.

7 Game Reviews

'President Zombie Pete today quoted the book in their election speech, in what can only be described as sticky.'

This worked perfectly.

Horribly frustrating contols (for example your character doesn't come to a dead stop when you stop pressing a key. You see, it's not the attack delay that's the problem, it's the combo of imprecise movement WITH that that is so bad. Rookie move there). Other than that, really cool, but for my sanity I cannot continue.

Fantastic!!!!!!
Suggestions:
1) You should predict questions a little more. I can't think of any right now, I've forgotten them already... Sorry.
2) You should give it more things to talk about. For example, when it asks you to stay, what if you say "but I have family...". Even if it doesn't have an answer, it would be more immersive if it said "ok... I understand." or something.

Again, fantastic game and concept. Need more!

316 Audio Reviews

Very jolly. Yours sounds cool, I enjoyed the groove and the break in the middle helps keep you involved. Nice percussion and instrument choices.
Again, you want to turn it down a bit, but there wasn't obvious distortion this time. Best practice is to keep 1db headroom. Research LUFS and use this: https://youlean.co/youlean-loudness-meter/ to work out how loud your track is.
Spotify, iTunes etc require the track be much quieter than this, between -14 and -12 LUFS which would also benefit the mixing and mastering process by giving the track space to breathe. You don't need to fight the loudness war any more! Yay!

I don't know the original but here are some thoughts.
Nice warm piano, I can hear the inspiration from Canon in there.
1:22 - Nice and impactful hit. Maybe the lead instrument is too loud here but other than that it's good. In fact, yeah, too loud, I can hear distortion clearly in the next section. Consider turning it all down. :P

Very pleasant and warm mix, suitable for the contents of the music. Still clean enough to clearly hear each part though. Well done.

Nice mix. I don't know the original but this sounds nice. Full sounding and nice textures.
From a mastering perspective, you should turn it down by 1db so that you avoid any dac distortion (converting from digital to analogue). 1db headroom is kind of the standard these days due to the variety of devices out there.

I'd love to hear more original stuff from you.

8 Art Reviews

Man these are phenomenal, never knew you did this kind of thing.

Ceevro responds:

Spray painting is the ultimate art form...ten minutes to do, mix colours as you go right on the canvas, and whammo!

Oooh I like. Moody, reminds me of Fallout.

Troisnyx responds:

I'll admit I never played Fallout or any games in this series before, and I don't quite know what to expect in them -- nevertheless, thanks!

The piece was actually inspired by a rather dystopian view of the things I was taught growing up, as well as all sorts of human rights abuses I'd read about and sometimes witnessed.

(I flagged that other guy's comment as abusive)
I like the wings and the shape of his face is quite original, maybe because it reminds me of Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon, I don't know. ^_^

Guitarist, singer, mixing nerd, fox appreciator, teacher, peace-loving hippy. Currently travelling in Japan so I am without a microphone.
I make mixing tutorials, too. Ask me anything.

32, Male