We Are Heroes We Are Heroes

Good song! Catchy and full of interesting parts. In terms of arrangement and composition it... rocks. The mix isn't great though, the drums sound "boxy" (like they're in a box) and the guitar and bass parts sound fake or unrealistic.
I don't have time-stamps so I can't point out things directly but:
- I like how it amps up before choruses
- I like the low harmony on the vocal line "rules inside" etc. although the timing could have been fixed for greater impact.
- Over all, great vibe throughout.

FinnMK responds:

Thanks for the feedback! Some of it I'm totally on-board with: I've experimented with recording guitar from an amp as well as DI + amp plugin (which is what I used on We Are Heroes) and I still haven't gotten a sound I love.

Bass I'm surprised at - it's DI'd in, then only has minor effects on top. Could you be more specific about what sound unrealistic? Logistically, it's about as realistic as it gets, unless I were to record directly from the amp which IMO gives a worse sound.

As far as the drum stuff goes, do you think it's the reverb causing that boxy sound? Not 100% clear on what you mean here.

Thanks again! This is my first time attempting to record and mix something in the hard rock realm, so this feedback is great.

Starting Over Starting Over

(and it sounds awesome!)
Good job on this track, sounds very pro. You could try shortening the decay on the snare a bit and it would still sound as good but less messy.
Awesome guitars and lead.

RobSoundtrack responds:

Thanks duuuuuude
Much appreciated

No One Remembers No One Remembers

I love this, it's so elegant and beautiful. You mixed the instruments really well, just the vocals don't quite fit in with the rest - consider that if everything is quite dry sounding then your vocals need to be too.
I read the description too, it's really sad. I will never forget our covers together. In fact I was listening to them just last week thinking we should do another (Behind Blue Eyes or something...).
I won't forget you buddy!

Ceevro responds:

Dude, I'd LOVE to collab again! Problem is the new rules for the Audio Portal! We can't do covers without permission from the original artist (go ahead, TRY to get ahold of Paul Simon)!

If we collab, we gotta do it with original material, and I don't think I'd have nearly the buy-in.

BUT if you wanna work on some stuff, hit me up! You know how to reach me!

Trilogy III Trilogy III

What a colossal project! So many good riffs and ideas too. Congrats. :)

JDawg00100 responds:

Thank you! :D

Happy Christmas (Singalong) Happy Christmas (Singalong)

Aaaaah good old Ceevro Collabathon. I miss these... Mic is being repaired at the mo though. I want to sing along again for sure!

Fin-Metaljonus Fin-Metaljonus

Impressive - brutal vocals with just-as-heavy riffs. Nice work, I hope the new band works out for you.

Metaljonus responds:

Thanks dude! :D

Gimme the Milkshakes Gimme the Milkshakes

Huehue good to see you still being you. :D

jaysummers759885 responds:

maaaaAAAANNN... I am one crazy cat lol.

Shaka KHAAAAN!!!

OW!

*does the moonwalk*

Aviator Aviator

Very cool and cheerful, enjoyed a lot!!

Noisysundae responds:

Good to see you again. Thanks man. :)

-:: Simple Complexity ::- (NGAUC '16) -:: Simple Complexity ::- (NGAUC '16)

Thoughtful, organised chaos... There's definitely something here I'm enjoying though I can't put my finger on it, sorry. Very cool sounds throughout too.

Agitat0r responds:

:D thanks for your review MetalRenard! im sorry for the confusion of this track.

Asau Asau

This is quite different from what I was expecting, especially in the rhythm section. Quite unusual for the genre, which is definitely a positive and makes the song stand out.
Good luck!

1f1n1ty responds:

Hey, it's MetalRenard! Thanks for dropping by!

...Rhythm section? That's weird, I can't remember making a rhythm section :/ eh