View Profile MetalRenard

25 Movie Reviews

That was really cool!

Wondermeow responds:

Glad you enjoy it thanks for the feedback appeciate it.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

The animation is seriously impressive and I enjoyed the voice acting. I was surpised by the quality of the fight scene and how everything seemed to have so much impact.
I feel that the voice, music and sound effects do not fit together at all - you need to mix this properly if you want to make it sound more "pro".

I love all these weird stories and characters.

6 Game Reviews

Horribly frustrating contols (for example your character doesn't come to a dead stop when you stop pressing a key. You see, it's not the attack delay that's the problem, it's the combo of imprecise movement WITH that that is so bad. Rookie move there). Other than that, really cool, but for my sanity I cannot continue.

Fantastic!!!!!!
Suggestions:
1) You should predict questions a little more. I can't think of any right now, I've forgotten them already... Sorry.
2) You should give it more things to talk about. For example, when it asks you to stay, what if you say "but I have family...". Even if it doesn't have an answer, it would be more immersive if it said "ok... I understand." or something.

Again, fantastic game and concept. Need more!

It's a good game but sometimes it's just plain stupid, like when the tires are broken and it locks you in a left or right turn and that's it, you're dead no matter what you do because you hit all the buildings. I'll give you that score for the effort but it does seem to be lacking in the "fun" area at times.

265 Audio Reviews

You mentioned in a thread about wanting more presence in your mix, maybe your issue is two fold:
Too much bass in your distorted guitar is over-loading the audio spectrum. Try cutting out a small part in the lower end and record a bass-line to fill it in again. Distorted guitar is really not good at lower frequencies, it gets messy, fast.
Too much reverb is also compounding the issue, not necessarily a big reverb either, it's just causing it to lose presence.
Check out Steve Vai - Building The Church. It has a similar sound to your work. Notice how most of the low end is handled by a bass guitar that's not distorted?

I'm sure with some work, your tracks could sound like that.

KrinnValKhristi responds:

Thank you Mr. Renard. This is very helpful.

This really sounds awesome, good job. I enjoyed the progression and things are mostly well mixed (the drums however are -super- loud compared to the rest). My favourite part was the palm muted guitars, that sounded awesome.

KrinnValKhristi responds:

me go make boom boom less ouch ouch. tytytytyty <3

P.S. Pssssst! The mut3d guitar part is my faves 2 lol

The intro piano sets the mood very well along with the rain. Simple and sweet. I loved the snare and kick drum although the hihats are a little too loud. It would have been cool if you added a second melody to this. Since you lost your project files, maybe take your most recent work and expand on it? Recreate this and add to it!

Good job!

7 Art Reviews

Oooh I like. Moody, reminds me of Fallout.

Troisnyx responds:

I'll admit I never played Fallout or any games in this series before, and I don't quite know what to expect in them -- nevertheless, thanks!

The piece was actually inspired by a rather dystopian view of the things I was taught growing up, as well as all sorts of human rights abuses I'd read about and sometimes witnessed.

(I flagged that other guy's comment as abusive)
I like the wings and the shape of his face is quite original, maybe because it reminds me of Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon, I don't know. ^_^

Very good, I love the idea and what you've done with it. Excellent work. :)

Guitarist, singer, mixing nerd, fox appreciator, teacher, peace-loving hippy. Currently travelling in Japan so I am without a microphone.

Sam @MetalRenard