View Profile MetalRenard

28 Movie Reviews

That was really cool!

Wondermeow responds:

Glad you enjoy it thanks for the feedback appeciate it.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

The animation is seriously impressive and I enjoyed the voice acting. I was surpised by the quality of the fight scene and how everything seemed to have so much impact.
I feel that the voice, music and sound effects do not fit together at all - you need to mix this properly if you want to make it sound more "pro".

Still in love with this so many years on, blows my mind every time.

8 Game Reviews

Horribly frustrating contols (for example your character doesn't come to a dead stop when you stop pressing a key. You see, it's not the attack delay that's the problem, it's the combo of imprecise movement WITH that that is so bad. Rookie move there). Other than that, really cool, but for my sanity I cannot continue.

Fantastic!!!!!!
Suggestions:
1) You should predict questions a little more. I can't think of any right now, I've forgotten them already... Sorry.
2) You should give it more things to talk about. For example, when it asks you to stay, what if you say "but I have family...". Even if it doesn't have an answer, it would be more immersive if it said "ok... I understand." or something.

Again, fantastic game and concept. Need more!

It's a good game but sometimes it's just plain stupid, like when the tires are broken and it locks you in a left or right turn and that's it, you're dead no matter what you do because you hit all the buildings. I'll give you that score for the effort but it does seem to be lacking in the "fun" area at times.

284 Audio Reviews

I love the feel of this one. I wish I could hear each part more (it's totally mono?) but the ideas are cool and I love the dissonance.

HighBallers responds:

im gonna totally redo this song with some new plug-ins and see if I can bring this song more to life.

Hey this isn't bad man. Sure, it needs a good mix and frequencies are clashing but it sounds good and creates a good atmosphere.

If you want some advice, try mixing your track and then put the master in mono. Now listen again and take out the frequencies from instruments that are clashing.
For example, guitar and bass, solo'd in mono - let's imagine they're clashing from 100hz to 300hz. The bass needs 100hz more than the guitar so cut it out of the guitar (high pass at 150hz or something) but the guitar needs 300hz more than bass so cut that part away form the bass (a few db is enough). You mix should sound clear in mono if you want it to sound amazing in stereo.

HighBallers responds:

Thanks for the review and advice dude! Shit I've never thought about a mono test. I'm gonna do this for sure.

Ahhh this got me so pumped. mixed very loudly, you might benefit from turning it down to regain some clarity a little but other than that it was so cool. I loved the melodies especially and how the guitar played with the drums at times.

Metaljonus responds:

Glad you got pumped up! And it's metal bro it HAS to be loud! :P Thanks for listening dude!

7 Art Reviews

Oooh I like. Moody, reminds me of Fallout.

Troisnyx responds:

I'll admit I never played Fallout or any games in this series before, and I don't quite know what to expect in them -- nevertheless, thanks!

The piece was actually inspired by a rather dystopian view of the things I was taught growing up, as well as all sorts of human rights abuses I'd read about and sometimes witnessed.

(I flagged that other guy's comment as abusive)
I like the wings and the shape of his face is quite original, maybe because it reminds me of Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon, I don't know. ^_^

Very good, I love the idea and what you've done with it. Excellent work. :)

Guitarist, singer, composer, "mix engineer" and fox lover. My favourite genre is heavy metal with symphonic elements but I enjoy classical/soundtrack and retro electronic for when I work on games and videos. Get in touch if you want advice or help. :)

28, Male